CCSS.Math.Content.6.NS.C.8 - Solve real-world and mathematical problems by graphing points in all four quadrants of the coordinate plane. Include use of coordinates and absolute value to find distances between points with the same first coordinate or the same second coordinate.
Authors: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers
Title: CCSS.Math.Content.6.NS.C.8 Solve Real-world And Mathematical Problems By Graphing Points... The Number System - 6th Grade Mathematics Common Core State Standards
Publisher: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers, Washington D.C.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Page last edited 03/04/2014)
- Advanced Graphing Applet - Interactive site which identifies the ordered pairs of points students click on
- Catch the Fly - Use the keyboard to enter the x and y values of an ordered pair to help the fly catch a bug. No score is kept, each question is essentially a one question game
- Coordinate Geometry - Introduction, explanation, examples and practice problems
- Coordinate Plane Practice - Students type ordered pairs in the blocks on this interactive PowerPoint show
- Create a Haunted House...if you dare! - Follow directions to sharpen your graphing skills, create a cool haunted house and then morph it using math.
- Expressions, Equation Solving and Graphing in the Coordinate Plane - The Haunted house and many more coordinate plane practice problems
- General Coordinates Game - Students investigate the Cartesian coordinate system through identifying the coordinates of points, or requesting that a particular point be plotted
- Graphing Applet - Interactive site which identifies the ordered pairs of points students click on
- Graphing Equations and Inequalities - Unit Quiz
- Graphing linear equations - Practice from Math.com
- Graphing Ordered Pairs - Explanation and interactive practice
- Graphing Skills - What's the point? find the point on the grid
- Greg's Grid Graphs - Help Greg and his family plan their visit to the museum
- Maze Game - Students use their knowledge of points on a graph to move a robot to the target, while avoiding mines.
- Ordered Simple Plot - Interactive coordinate plane from Shodor
- Reading a Grid - Find Hurkle behind the grid. Type ordered pairs to find him
- Rectangular Coordinate System - Algebra tutorial
- Slope and y-intercept - Practice from Math.com
- Stock the Shelves - You have two minutes to put the soda bottles in their correct places on the coordinate plane
- The coordinate plane - Practice from Math.com
- Using Ordered Pairs - Spy Guys Interactive Lesson #18
- What's the Point? - A coordinate plane game from Funbrain.com (use the hardest level)
- Worksheet Generator - Print your own blank coordinate plane worksheets, you determine the number of grids on a sheet and whether the grids are numbered or not