CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.5.1 - Quote accurately from a text when explaining what the text says explicitly and when drawing inferences from the text.
Authors: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers
Title: CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.5.1 Quote Accurately From A Text When Explaining... Reading:Literature - 5th Grade English Language Arts Common Core State Standards
Publisher: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers, Washington D.C.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Page last edited 09/28/2016)
- Choose a story to practice reading comprehension. - Click on a topic to see the lessons and exercises. Click on the lesson to begin.
- Inferencing - Online interactive lesson; passages to read and answer the questions.
- Make Prediction by seeing what is infered. - Worksheet to print; students read paragraphs and infer what will happen next.
- Making Inferences about Characters - The following lists of words may help you in your inference-making about a character.
- Practice Making Inferences - Online quiz; read the story and find the answers to the questions.
- Predict and Infer Graphic Organizer - Students write the event of a story, what the think will happen, clues from the story that help decide, and what really happened.
- Read a Contract - Read and answer questions [from the Internet Archive.]
- Reading Comprehension Quiz - Ten-question multiple-choice quiz
- Reading Comprehension stories - Interactive quizzes online for 5 stories - Each text is followed by a grammar exercise and summary writing exercise.