CCSS.Math.Content.2.G.A.3 - Partition circles and rectangles into two, three, or four equal shares, describe the shares using the words halves, thirds, half of, a third of, etc., and describe the whole as two halves, three thirds, four fourths. Recognize that equal shares of identical wholes need not have the same shape.
Authors: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers
Title: CCSS.Math.Content.2.G.A.3 Partition Circles And Rectangles Into Two, Three,... Geometry - 2nd Grade Mathematics Common Core State Standards
Publisher: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers, Washington D.C.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Page last edited 08/22/2014)
- Breaking wholes into parts - Video; how to divide circles into equal parts.
- Fraction Game - Interactive game; type in fraction, then use mouse to paint fraction.
- Identify parts of a Circle - Interactive applet; good for whole class activity on IWB.
- Kids and Cookies - Interactive game; select your parameters and make sure each child has an equal amount.
- Which Figure? - Online quiz; identify the fraction name.