CCSS.Math.Content.4.MD.A.1 - Know relative sizes of measurement units within one system of units including km, m, cm; kg, g; lb, oz.; l, ml; hr, min, sec. Within a single system of measurement, express measurements in a larger unit in terms of a smaller unit. Record measurement equivalents in a two-column table. For example, know that 1 ft is 12 times as long as 1 in. Express the length of a 4 ft snake as 48 in. Generate a conversion table for feet and inches listing the number pairs (1, 12), (2, 24), (3, 36), ...
Authors: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers
Title: CCSS.Math.Content.4.MD.A.1 Know Relative Sizes Of Measurement Units Within... Measurement and Data - 4th Grade Mathematics Common Core State Standards
Publisher: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers, Washington D.C.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Page last edited 05/13/2016)
- Conversion Challenge - Find the matching squares; online quiz
- Cups to Quarts and Cups - Match the pairs correctly; online game
- Elapsed Time Measurement - Click on the New Times button. Figure out the elapsed time. Print out the sheet to record your answers on.
- Feet to Yards. - Match the pairs correctly; online game
- Inches to Feet - Match the pairs correctly; online game
- Measurements - Choose the appropriate metric unit of measure
- Measurements Match - Online matching games; word problems.
- Metric System Review - Online lesson review, then click on the question numbers for the practice portion of this lesson.
- Metric Units of Capacity? - Online lesson with practice; click on link at bottom for more exercises.
- Metric Weight - Match the pairs correctly; online game
- Ounces ,Pounds and Tons - Matching game online.
- Standard Measurements - Online worksheet; self checking; convert standard measurements.
- Units of Measure - Which units should you use to measure given amounts.