CCSS.Math.Content.1.G.A.1 - Distinguish between defining attributes (e.g., triangles are closed and three-sided) versus non-defining attributes (e.g., color, orientation, overall size) ; build and draw shapes to possess defining attributes.
Authors: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers
Title: CCSS.Math.Content.1.G.A.1 Distinguish Between Defining Attributes (e.g., Triangles Are Closed... Geometry - 1st Grade Mathematics Common Core State Standards
Publisher: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers, Washington D.C.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Page last edited 12/06/2013)
- 2D shapes song - Video song; Count the sides to identify the shapes.
- Buzz - Online game for two players; shape tic-tac-toe.
- Classifying and sorting shapes - Worksheet to print; Circle the shapes that follow each rule.
- Color and Shape attribute - Which blocks follow the rule and belongs inside the circle?
- Drawing shapes - Video; instructions on drawing shapes along with spelling of the name of the shape.
- Geometry Shape Game - Drag the shapes from the box below to the matching shape in the above picture.
- I Spy Shapes - Find the hidden shapes in the photos and pictures.
- Shape Sorter - Online applet; set rules for each circle then drag shapes into the right places.
- Shapes - Online audio book describing shapes and objects that have that shape.
- Shapes Sudoku - Use these worksheets to develop shape knowledge along with critical thinking skills.
- Shapeville - Find shapes hidden in everyday objects.
- Sorting Rules - Worksheet to print; Draw and explain your answers while using the sorting rules.
- Sorting Shapes - Sort the shapes by the given rules.