CCSS.Math.Content.K.G.B.6 - Compose simple shapes to form larger shapes. For example, "Can you join these two triangles with full sides touching to make a rectangle?"
Authors: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers
Title: CCSS.Math.Content.K.G.B.6 Compose Simple Shapes To Form Larger Shapes.... Geometry - Kindergarten Mathematics Common Core State Standards
Publisher: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers, Washington D.C.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Page last edited 07/25/2017)
- Fill the Triangle - Worksheet to print. What shapes can you use to fill up these triangles.
- Patch Tool - Interactive applet; double-click on any shape to have a copy placed on the canvas.
- Pattern Blocks - Build shapes using the shape blocks.
- Polygon Playground - Arrange designs with online movable polygons - hundreds of polygons to drag anywhere you want. Create a composite shape from other shapes.
- Shape Cutter - Whole Class Activity, good for IWB. Create a shape then cut it into smaller shapes.