CCSS.ELA-Literacy.SL.1.5 - Add drawings or other visual displays to descriptions when appropriate to clarify ideas, thoughts, and feelings.
Authors: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers
Title: CCSS.ELA-Literacy.SL.1.5 Add Drawings Or Other Visual Displays To Descriptions... Speaking and Listening - 1st Grade English Language Arts Common Core State Standards
Publisher: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers, Washington D.C.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Page last edited 09/27/2015)
- Feelings Chart - Print out this chart for students to fill in about the characters' feelings and their feelings.
- Nonfiction Unit Plan - Student learn many things about what makes a book non-fiction.
- Story Mapping - Handout; A blank story path for children to use to plan story writing. There are spaces for 5 drawings e.g. Introduction; build-Up; problem; resolution; ending
- Using Audacity - Directions for using this program to record audio stories.
- Web2.0 Tools for Recording Audio - Websites and links for instruction are included on this page.